ABOUT EXCELLENCE IN TRAINING:
Excellence in Training is a philosophy developed over a lifetime of learning, training and teaching. It is the result of a number of experiences and influences including:
- 58 years of learning, making mistakes, learning some more, studying, making more mistakes and learning some more, reading, applying what I have learned, making mistakes and learning some more. In other words; life.
- 25 years as a full time law enforcement officer.
- 25 years as a law enforcement trainer.
- Hundreds of books read.
- Countless courses, classes, seminars and conferences attended.
- The many mentors I have had over the years.
- The great trainers I have had the pleasure of training with and taking training from.
- The bad trainers whose training I endured and learned from.
- The thousands of officers I have had the privilege and honour to train.
It is through all of these experiences that the Excellence in Training philosophies were developed. These philosophies have evolved over time and continue to evolve as I continue to teach and to learn.
Excellence in Training is a philosophy built upon two filtering questions and three core principles. Everything else builds off these foundations.
I have been teaching Excellence in Training courses and delivering workshops and seminars on these concepts and philosophies for over a decade and writing a weekly blog on Excellence in Training for over 6 years. In that time, and through those experiences, I have grown as a trainer and come to realize how much there still is for me to learn about maximizing human potential through training.
My mission is get the Excellence in Training message out to the law enforcement training community world wide in order to help good trainers become great trainers, and great trainers to deliver awesome training, Why? Because the men and women who dedicate their lives, and risk their lives, to serve their communities and their countries as law enforcement professionals deserve nothing less.
I strongly believe that law enforcement professionals want to be great at what they do. I also believe law enforcement trainers want to deliver great training so they can best serve the men and women in their agency and in the profession.
My dream is to help them all on their journey to Dare to Be Great.
ABOUT THE EXCELLENCE IN TRAINING ACADEMY:
Excellence in Training Academy is a membership site for law enforcement trainers who are committed to the pursuit of excellence in their life and in their training. For an investment of less than $1.00 per day you will have exclusive access to new professional development training content every week.
The weekly content will be 30 to 60 minutes in length and will come in a variety of formats including:
- Audio interviews with law enforcement trainers from around the world on a variety of topics designed to give you insights and wisdom from the best in the business on training strategies, philosophies, lessons learned and a variety of other strategies that will help you become a better trainer.
- Interviews with guests who are not law enforcement trainers but, have something to offer regarding the art of story telling, creating compelling slide decks, crisp management, mental preparation and other aspects of interest to law enforcement trainers who are committed to delivering great training.
- Webinars that will give you insights into the Excellence in Training philosophies and provide you with proven and practical strategies to take your training to a whole new level.
- Reviews and insights from books and training programs.
- Question and Answer sessions to address your burning questions and biggest challenges.
All the content will be available in a protected area on the website that is only accessible to members.
IS THE EXCELLENCE IN TRAINING ACADEMY RIGHT FOR YOU?
The Excellence in Training Academy is for you if:
- You consider training a calling.
- You are passionate about delivering great training.
- You believe your role as a trainer is to serve the men and women you have the privilege and pleasure to train.
- You are committed to the pursuit of excellence.
- You have a growth mindset.
- You understand that trainers serve a critical function in law enforcement, one of the most challenging, complex and demanding professions in society.
- You are willing to invest your time and money to engage in continuous learning and development and help yourself grow as a trainer.
The Excellence in Training Academy is not for you if:
- You are content with the status quo in training.
- You are not willing to invest a small amount of time and money in your personal and professional growth and development.
- You are satisfied in delivering mediocre training (even if it may get your officers hurt or killed).
WHY A PAID MEMBERSHIP SITE?
- The reality is that we all value training more, and are more likely to follow through, when we have made a financial investment.
- Here’s a quick self-test: How many free e-books do you have on your e-reader right now that you’ve never read or even forgot that you own.
- When people don’t invest, they don’t value.
- There’s a direct correlation between paying money and paying attention.
What is the cost to be a member of the Excellence in Training Academy?
For a monthly investment of just $29.95 (plus GST in Canada), you will get access to high quality, easily consumable training every week. You can access this training when it works best for you so you are not tied to someone else’s schedule. You can listen to the audio content and watch the videos and webinars as often as you like.
A better question however, might be “What is the potential cost if I fail to invest in my personal and professional development?”
As an Excellence in Training Academy member you will receive discount codes to attend open registration five day Excellence in Training Courses at a reduced price. You will also get discount codes for select Winning Mind Training seminars.
A minimum of two Excellence in Training Academy members will receive full scholarships to the ILEETA Training Conference each year.
Excellence in Training Academy Members will be eligible for monthly prize draws for books, ILEETA members and other items.