ABOUT BRIAN WILLIS:
Hey. Welcome to the Excellence in Training Academy website. I’m Brian Willis. I work with law enforcement trainers who love to teach, are committed to their own learning and are passionate about helping their officers perform at their best.
I provide them with the tools to become great trainers and deliver awesome training.
- 25 years experience as a full time police officer.
- 25 years experience as a law enforcement trainer.
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Award for my commitment and contributions to officer safety in Canada.
- Been honoured as the Law Officer Trainer of the Year for 2011.
When I am not teaching writing or speaking I can be found:
- Listening to podcasts while riding my exercise bike in my den at home.
- Reading or watching educational and training videos. I read mainly non-fiction but, I am a fan of Brad Thor, Lee Child, Barry Eisler, Michael Connelly and David Baldacci.
- Listening to Uptempo Smooth Jazz on RadioTunes while writing and working on the computer.
- Hanging out with my wife Lynda and our two adult sons Jesse and Cody.
- Browsing at my favourite wine store, Vine Arts for some amazing full bodies red wines . Vine Arts just happens to be owned by my son Jesse.
- Savouring some amazing Tacos de Guisados and Tacos al Carbon at my favourite restaurant Native Tongues Taqueria, which is owned by my son Cody.
- And occasionally having a drink and a pork belly steam bun at my favourite cocktail bar Proof (also owned by Jesse).
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know how I can better serve you through the Excellence in Training Academy. Let me know what your greatest frustrations and challenges are as a trainer and what information would be helpful to you to address those issues and better serve those you train.
Here is a link to a TEDx talk I did on The Most Dangerous Weapon in Law Enforcement and a podcast interview on Life’s Most Powerful Question – What’s Important Now?